Shri P. H. Vaishnav, IAS (Retd.) , former Chief Secretary -Govt. of Punjab, was the founder Chairman of the SOSVA from 1995 till this death in May 2009.
The Governing Body at present consists of the following :
1) Dr.A.K. Kundra IAS (Retd.), Former Secretary to GOI, Chairman-cum- Executive Director
Five Member – Directors
1) Sh. B.B. Mahajan, IAS (Retd.) , Former Secretary to GOI
2)Brig (Retd) Keshav Chandra, former Chief Engineer in the Army Engineer Corps.
3) Sh SK Verma, former Director General of Police, Punjab
4) Dr. G.L. Goyal, former Director, Health Services, Punjab
5) Lt. Col. (Retd.) Mrs. Shashi Kanta
6) Dr.I.C. Pathak, former Director, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGI), Chandigarh
7) Sh. Chandra Mohan, former Chairman-cum-M.D., Punjab Tractors Ltd.
8) Mrs. Nipun Kain, Social Activist
9) Mrs. Santosh Arvinder Pal, Media Director, Positive Communications, Delhi and Secretary, Mahila Dakshta Samiti , Chandigarh Branch
10) Dr. Gurdip Kaur, former Head, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, General Hospital, Sector-16, Chandigarh
11) Mrs. Amrit Bolaria, Former Nominated councilor by Chandigarh Administration, Member Union Home Ministry Advisory Council, Convenor (Cultural Issues)CRRID, Chandigarh etc.
12) Dr. (Mrs.) Savita Malhotra, Prof. Department of Psychiatry , PGIMER, Chandigarh
13) Prof. M.H. Khan, Educationist, teacher, educational consultant and educational administrator.
14) Dr. (Mrs.) Neelam Malik.
The actual planning, monitoring and execution of the projects is done by a team of three dedicated Programme Managers under the guidance of Member Directors.
Support staff comprising a Steno, an Accountant , Computer Typist makes up the rest of the complement of SOSVA (North)-Punjab.
(a) 1 Project Manager, 4 Outreach Workers are working on implementation of Targetted Intervention Project for HIV/AIDS in Phagwara,Distt. Kapurthala of Punjab State AIDS Control Society.
(b) 1 Honorary Director, 1 Project Coordinator along with 20 part time teachers are working for Programme of Mainstreaming Drop Out Children in Malerkotla Tahsil, Sangrur Distt.